EA-1.32 Future Age Update
What's new in the future age update:
Cities are finally able to reach future age with this new major Deisim update!
This first big update since the App Lab launch also contains a complete rework of the audio especially terrains and humans sounds, a complete OST and a ton of fixes and improvements!
See the full changelog below
- Cities can now reach future age!
- Cities are now trying to get their most needed resources in priority
- Population and overpopulation is now displayed below city names
- The most needed resource current and needed stocks number are now displayed in the need bubble
- The name of the needed resource is now displayed on top of the need bubble
- Cities forges are now melting the ore available in their biome
- Added an ingot to inform the player about what metal a forge is melting into ingots
- All cities are now able to build factories
- All terrain audio sounds have been replaced by better sounds effects
- All existing human sounds have been replaced and a lot of new humans sounds have been added
- Audio spatialisation has been improved on many audio sources
- All the placeholder music have been replaced by their OST version
- Volume controls have been added on the settings menu
Quality of life improvements
- Allow to change speed in the game menu from x0.5 to x2
- Heretics are now highligthed and an outline is displayed when they are hidden behind something
- The global population needed to reach the next deity level is now displayed in the menu
- The current selected object is now outlined so the player always know what he will grab when he touch multiple objects
- Outline color is now greend if the object can be grabbed.
- Outline color is now orange if the object cannot be grabbed but will be destroyed instead.
- The game now try to find a new touched object when the current one is not touched anymore.
- Allow the player to set a prefered language in the menu
- Autoclose the menu if the player is moving far from it so he don't have to press twice to open it again
- The multi terrain button in the miracle menu is now pressed on touch.
- Humans dropped by the player are now trying to build a city. If it is too close to other cities to do so they will join the closest city.
- You can now crash an UFO to create an alien crash site
- Improve collision with mountains
- You can now eat humans
- Updated Unity to 2020.3.0 LTS
- The needed resources amounts for all city ages has been reduced
- There is now a sign post in front of mines to inform the player about the resource it contains
- The needed resource is now displayed above factories that are missing one of their primary resources
- All positive miracle area of effects have been increased
- Nordic cities now needs fur before meat
- Non-nordic cities now needs meat before fur
- Arabic forges are no longer producing jewels but melt gold ore into ingots instead
- Arabic factories are now building jewels
- Children are now aging faster than adults
- Alien invasions should happen less often.
- Pressing the grab button will no longer grab a previously grabbed object.
- Mines will no longer be created in an adjacent tile instead of the tile they were in the first place
- Smore and text is not outlined anymore when you touch or grab something
- Removed duplicate buildings in African cities
- Fixed a bug that was sometimes preventing the player to grab an object
- Children are not homeless anymore but part of their parents city
- Almost all the 3d models of the game have been remade with less triangles
- Almost all the 3d models of the game are now using the same textures and materials
- The game is now using single pass instanced rendering to reduce draw calls
- Various small optimizations
- Fallback to English when a translation is not available instead of displaying an error message
- Dutch translation has been added
Now that I am working full time on the game I will do my best to update the game more often.
The next month will be focused on improving the pathfinding so the humans are not crossing mountains and warer anymore and improving the sound aspect of the game even more.
New miracles will also be added!
Thanks again to everyone for your support during this early access phase.
Let's (continue to) make an awesome God game together.
Tommy aka Myron
TL:DR - Future Age, Better sounds and a lot quality of life improvements and optimizations
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.